Not yet an foster? Come join our team and find out about fostering. Fostering is a wonderfully rewarding experience and whether you only foster once or decide to continue fostering again and again you will know that you personally helped to save a life!
Many wonderful animals can benefit from foster care. Here are the most common reasons animals need a foster home:
• Orphaned kittens and puppies that are too young to be adopted, some may need to be bottle-fed.
• Under-aged, self-feeding kittens and puppies (4-8 weeks old)
• Mother cat or dog with nursing kittens or puppies
• Animals recovering from injury or illness (may need medication)
• A dog or cat that needs socialization and tender loving care.
• The pet might need additional medical treatment (like heartworm treatment)
We take great care to match the animal to you and your situation. Some animals may need fostering for only a few days while others may need to be in your home for much longer. Again, we work with you to ensure that you are comfortable with the animal, its needs and the expected timeline for fostering. (All fosters must fill out an application and interview before taking home their first foster dog or cat.)
PLEASE come join our team and learn more about this wonderful, life-saving program! With additional foster parents, many more animals can be adopted, and ultimately find their forever homes.
Either contact us at 530-527-8702 (email@example.com) or the Tehama County Animal Care Center at 530-527-3439, 1830 Walnut St., Red Bluff, CA 96080